Thanks to Mrs. Sue Cox at Covington’s Valdosta, bacon CAN get better! Enjoy this crisp honey sugar bacon recipe made with our 100% raw, unfiltered, Georgia honey.
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 12 slices thicker bacon
- Spray rack for baking bacon.
- Brush bacon strips with honey
- Press both sides of bacon atop the brown sugar that is distributed evenly onto a pan. Use pressure to make sure brown sugar adheres to bacon
- Place brown sugar coated bacon on sprayed rack over a drip pan
- Bake 20+ minutes @ 350-375 degrees (keep a close watch after 17 minutes because sugar & honey burn easier)
- You want the grease to cook off & bacon to be crispy
- Pull from oven and cool
- Place artfully atop serving tray or cheese board