We are proud to introduce the best southern style gravy you will have ever tasted! Not too peppery, perfectly creamy, with a touch of sweetness. This gravy is paired best with pork chops and biscuits (of course). The best part about this dish is the base can be with any meat you want! We cooked ours with ground pork for dinner and sausage links for breakfast.
- Your choice of meat (We used ground pork for dinner and sausage links for breakfast. Pork chops works really well with this too!)
- 1/2 Stick of Butter
- 1/4 Cup of Flour
- 3/4 Cup of Milk
- 3/4 Cup of Water
- Brown Sugar
- Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp of Pure Southern Honey
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook your meat of chioce in cast-iron skillet so those flavors can also be in the gravy. If you choose to forego the meat before that is okay too.
- Heat cast-iron skillet on low-med and melt butter.
- Add flour and whisk until the chunks are completely gone and there it is more of a frothy tesxture.
- Add milk and whisk thoroughly allowing the mizture to thicken.
- If you prefer a thinner gravy, slowly add water as needed to your preference, and continue whisk.
- Add a big pinch of brown sugar, a pinch of paprika, a pinch of cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste, whisk.
- Add honey at the very end and stir evenly.
- Pour gravy over biscuits or porkchops, and enjoy!